Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I own an Alfa 155 1.7 TS,I changed the clocks,and put one of a 1.8 TS,with oil press and oil temp gauge,and the press is at normal temp about 1,5 bar at 1000, and at more than 2500 always at 6 bar.The oil temperature never go up for 65/70 Cº even in highway at 140 Km/h for 2 hours,with exterior temp 30 Cº.Is this normal? I read that the normal oil temperature is 100 Cº.Is that right?

Thank you very much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Areces,
I was told by a good mechanic that the Alfa TS's tend to be around 80 degrees when they're fully up to temp. This can take a good ten minutes, even if its working hard. Mine usually stays around 70 or so, depending on the weather outside (I've only had it for a month or so, so only tried it in Scotland's rainy post winter so far), but gets up to 80 when I start to put my foot down for a while. Sitting at a constant speed in a high gear, with a good air flow, I suppose it's not going to be struggling much. I guess it depends on the engine type, your local weather/temp and how hard you're driving it.

Doeas anyone else's car temp stay as low as that in a good heat (30 degrees)?

- Honkytonk.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P.S. Just noticed - how much is 140kmp in miles per hour? 100mph or so? You'd think that would warm the engine oil up a bit in warm air...

Not really sure of the correlation between water temp and oil temp. May not be as direct a connection as I have led myself to beleive. My water heats up really quickly (warm air through heaters in a couple of minutes), but oil takes quite a while.

Does anybody know what factors effect oil temp directly, other than rev's/working hard?

- Honkytonk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts