Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my pipes have recedue of oil on them, there the rubbber pipes that come from the turbo anyone might know a reason why this is happening.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The oil is stuck to the freaking rubber and its not only in one rubber pipe but like in for or 5 of them.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think there seperator pipes but iam not sure, this pipes connect the turbo to its little air filter I think its that and there is also a pipe that reaches the top part of the motor that one os also cranked with oil.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its very common for a diesel to leak oil from its turbo/intercooler pipes,its nothing to worry about unless its leaking heavy amounts of oil.the oil comes from the diesel fuel which is naturaly oiley it builds up in the pipes and forces its way out.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have i made a big fat *** of myself....???? is yours a Q4 or a diesel..??????

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ahh... JB... a big breast methinks :D

I'm sure Yann is a proud Q4 owner.. so you can take your smut and sit on it :D hehehe.

Could Yann be referring to the intercooler piping?

If there's oil on the outside of lots of pipes... has there maybe been oil spraying inside the engine bay some where? high pressure leak?
Or is the oil in the inside of these piping?

j

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Iam a proud owner of a Q4, I just could not buy a diesel alfa where would the fun go if your driving a diesel.

Back to the pipes the oil is in the outer part of the pipe and some recedue inside, I wouldnt know if there is a pressure leak.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Yann.. mine's the same.. slightly oily :) - I think the outside is just general muck but the inside is normal.

Nothing to worry about unless you are talking about a LOT of oil - a residue should be fine.

A

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool then, I just got worried because I havent cleanded my engine for some time now and opened the hood a couple of days ago the first thing a looked at was the oil on ever pipe so I got slightly concerned.

Thanks for the help guys

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JB is human after all. I like how he assumes we all have a diesel engine. Well I suppose to be fair most 155s sound like diesels now. From browsing the alfaowner site it would appear the variator plague has now hit the clear indicator lens 147 boys. How old long before we get alfa147.com , i suppose when the young owners get into there 30's like us and there car is not worth owt any more and they get brave with the socket set.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts