Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Its every two years for coolant, depending on climate but I think Belgium is the same as the UK?? So, back to JB's answer, thermostat or airlock.

wrinx

G

·
There may be some trapped air in the system, usually at the top of pipes, meaning that you can't get the right amout of coolant in. This means the engine will get hotter. I think there is a bleed screw on the radiator but will have to check.

wrinx

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Winter has passed so I'm picking up the old thread, I've noticed my oil temp is rising again, at the end of summer last year after all above posts I changed my coolant wich seemed to help but the temp outside wasn't so high anymore so I wasn't sure and I decided to let it rest because a bit more heat in winter is allways okay, now I notice the prob is still there, so, after I changed the coolant, if there was an air lock before, will it still be there? Or could it be the thermostat that isn't opening all the way or not opening fast enough? Cheers

G

·
Could be few things, the airlock, but unlikely if you squeezed it all out. Is the fan working ok?

Whats the condition of your radiator? Check the cooling fins, any deterioration will affect cooling ability.

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
DALONDO am puzzled
Is it your engine oil temp thats getting hot quicker or is it the water temp thats getting hot quicker

BTW you say the oil temp but all the answers relate to water temp???

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Idd, prob is, it is not obvious what is going on, the watertemp goes up to 90° but in the meantime oil is rising too, water comes up to 90° rather fast but it is impossible to say if the oil is going up because of the water or the other way around

1 - 16 of 16 Posts