Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone , I'm the owner of 155 TS1.8 8V , has anybody got the figures for the oil pressure
by various engine-speeds , mine does about 3bar/3000tr-min , at 4000tr-min its about the same , I'm a bit afraid I got an oil cycle malfunction .
In the manual it says that at 5000 tr-min the engine pressure should be about 5b...(all with warm engine) I have never seen the engine pressure reach that figure , only with a cold engine it does 4bar

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
dont worry, oil pressure gauges are always dodgy in italian cars, same problems in Dedras and Tipo 20 16vs...

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
4bar at cold is fine. 2 bar at tickover when engine is hot is also fine. 3 bar at 4000rmp when engine is hot is fine.

See? no worries wink

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys,
Yep I totally agree!, the oil pressure gauges in Italian cars are always a bit unreliable, just as well the engines are so good!.
I've always wondered though, why the oil pressure gauge in the 155 goes upto 8 Bar? :rolleyes: :)

Mark. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought the only thing to check was that the pressure is above 2.5bar at 4000rpm.
Read this somewhere on the site and have heard it from people too.

vortexsurfer......your oil pressure is fine.

My car ticks over at about 2.5 - 3 bar and hits 4 - 4.5bar as soon as the engine revs rise.

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, all seems fine,

I get 4-5 when cold, 2-4 with warm running, but occassionally a worrying 0.5 at tickover when very warm eek!

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine has always stand on 4,cold or hot,and it's only mowing +/- a couple of millimeter's.Never thought it was any use.Is it the sensor that need to be changed?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thomas

My 1.8 only showed 5bar when cold then it always showed 4bar and never moved. I wouldn't be too worried unless it suddenly drops, they are not reliable it seems!

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Guys , now I can stop worrying , my engine has about 186000km/116250mi on his acount and I really thought there was someting going wrong.
I'm the second owner so I don't have the full history on maintenance , I'ts a very good car though and I really like it.
tanx for the fast replies

1 - 9 of 9 Posts