Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is double but search didnt return enough answer.

Ive had my 155 TS 2.0 16V for four months now and started using it a bit more recently, sensibly.
Now, during medium-hard cornering I get the red warning light with the exlamation mark, afaik its oil pressure.
Typically as I am accelerating out of the corner.
Going off throttle solves it pretty quickly.
If I keep the throttle on, it stays for multiple secs.
I can reproduce this when I want, nothing outrageous needed.
The oil level is near max, theres no oil at the gasket or anywhere.
Is this normal?
Is the sump not suited for spirited driving?

I still have 2 months waranty on the engine, bought it four months ago with 45.000km, did 12.000 with it myself until now.

I was planning treating it to its first nurburgring laps this weekend but if it already protests doing this ...
Ive already seen a nice Q4 155 Engine come to its end there :-(

Thanks for the advice,

Jochen
www.nurburgring.be

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Are you sure it`s not the Brake fluid warning light that`s coming on to indicate low fluid :confused: when cornering hard :rolleyes:

Am sure that`s a red circle with an exclamation mark in it

W

·
0 Posts
Yup, Speedy's right, you need to check your brake fluid level. It normally means the pads have worn down. change pads and all will be well ;)

Only worry is that the fluid is shared with the clutch cylinder and you could possibly have a leak if the fluid still goes down.

wrinx

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the fast response guy! :)
A relief to see I was so so wrong. ;)

I'll go do a search on brakepads to see if there is availability/ experiences with BlueHawk, Ferodo 3000 alternatives.

Cheers,

Jochen

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Th oil light looks like a dipstick with a dripping end. Sounds like some of the jerks I have to deal with in my business life as well, but thats another story.

phil

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AlfaJack said:
OMG, that is me!
Only managed this picture, look at it as an original perspective ;)
I thought the gasket had burst :(

AlfaJack said:
who were you then? :confused: :D
I came to have a chat with you as it was parked.
Introduced myself as having exactly the same car (red 2.0 16V) then you spoiled the party.
Chitchat, complemented you on the nice car and that was about it afair.

Didnt take it out yet as I have a tracktoy golf there but since that is erm "out of service" and I cant contain myself any longer I plan to this sunday.
(brakefluid filled and problem solved :) )

Cheers,

Jochen

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
If you've filled up the brake fluid reservoir rather than fitted new pads, then when you do get around to fitting the new pads make sure you take a bit of fluid out so you don't flood the reservoir and spill fluid over your paintwork :(

J

·
0 Posts
like wrinx says check the clutch slave cylinder located om top of the gearbox between battery and engine. I think you may see a pool of brake fluid due to the seals leaking. Dont worry easy job to replace if it is leaking

1 - 13 of 13 Posts