Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Peeps,
I need to do a oil presure test (tappets are noisey :paranoid:) so......before I go crawling under it (916 PH1)

Where's the easiest point to get to (to connect a test gauge to)?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you kind sir.....(insert smilie for 'goes off, to have a look')

Wow! couldn't see much from the top :ranting:, so jacked it up and went underneath, & that looks nigh on impossible :headache:, so looked again from the top .......makes me think 'there MUST be an easier way'.... :scratchchin:

So it looks like having to take parts off to attach test gauge, then replace parts to test, then repeat to remove test gauge.....:cry:

Oh well.....see how I feel after a cuppa :D

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
As long as the oil pressure warning light goes off instantly I wouldn't worry. Low oil pressure is pretty unheard of on the twinnie engine. If it has got low oil pressure trying to rectifying it would probably cost a fortune. What mileage has it done?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well....when I acquired it, I was under the impression that I might have to rebuild it, but I'm going through some test procedures to assess condition, and to confirm issues before embarking on a major rebuild......at the moment it won't pass emissions, but exactly why I'm not sure yet....

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
If its the same car with the MAF unplugged then that is probably part of the problem. Won't pass emissions without a functioning one. If you have to replace get a genuine Bosch one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts