Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Does anyone know the part number (Alfa or otherwise) for the oil pressure sender on a 2.0TS?

This is not the switch type, which brings the warning lamp on, but the type with a diaphragm that supplies the signal to the oil pressure guage.

Mine is reading incorrectly, and I'd like to replace it. I know there's a fix that involves drilling a small hole in the body of the sender, but I'd prefer to replace if poss.

Also, anyone know where it lives :confused: !

Thanks,

Marcus

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
HI Emjay

welcome to the forum

the sender sits on the rear of the cylinder head IIRC, right hand side, and is a gold coloured cylinder, it sits behind the right hand distributer. I'm not sure of the part no, my CD reader is not working, but IIRC it is shared with the 155 TS and 75, so should be readily available through eg Highwood Alfa and EB Spares etc

HTH

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
i've got one kicking about somewhere if you want it?
Not for me thanks BUt i hope you send it faster than my XXXl Tesco red jumper.:cheese:
I'm still waiting after all this time...So if you come across it looking for this oil switch.:thumbs:

Pomeo

PS How's norma doin.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
oh bloody hell, i forgot about that! It's been sitting in the glove box waiting to post....i'll try and get it away before crimbo :D

Norma has a date with the bodyshop on wednesday to be assessed, although i fear it will also be when she's condemned :(

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies and offer of a sender.

As long as it fits the 2.0 TS , I'll be very grateful. Let me know how much etc and I can send you some PayPal funds.

Thanks,

Marcus

·
Registered
10,889 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ok nial, that is switch, he is asking for gauge sender, so that one is no go.

Difference from LR to original is only that, you have to use 17mm spanner instead of 14mm.

PS
This sender is more or less the same on all Nord engines.

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
oh bloody hell, i forgot about that! It's been sitting in the glove box waiting to post....i'll try and get it away before crimbo :D

Norma has a date with the bodyshop on wednesday to be assessed, although i fear it will also be when she's condemned :(
Has the last train left Glasgow Central yet,;););):D

If not eye'll bee looking furra 2012 jumper in alfa red.:)

Or as Jason Donovan sang ..Any color will doo.:cheese:

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
aye, it's in the post....better late than never :D
:thumbs:
The train has arrived at the cutting.

I never knew Sony made jump suits.

The size is confusing me.

MMVIII,or
MMIX or
MMX.

I am also assuming MRE included as opposed to batteries not included.

Thanks Niall

Now who was it that had the clothing stores for all areas?

Pomeo

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
glad it got there - sorry for taking so long....my excuse is that the wife is due to pop bambino two in a weeks time so things have been a bit hectic :D

No sure about the MRE....there was links somewhere for all the other regions (think they were on gpsunderground which has gone i think) but i can't find them. You planning a road trip?

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
glad it got there - sorry for taking so long....my excuse is that the wife is due to pop bambino two in a weeks time so things have been a bit hectic :D

No sure about the MRE....there was links somewhere for all the other regions (think they were on gpsunderground which has gone i think) but i can't find them. You planning a road trip?
No worries Niall I'm happy.
Well congrats on that.Wonder if they'll wait fur the glorious 12th.;):thumbs:
i for won will bee glad to see the back of this year.Although next year is a bad no.for me...If I get over that I will get to the end of the long long road.
I got A Roma on the map but fails to calculate.
Doing IIRC a clash the noo.( :eek: oops its zee Jam..So with luck one jammy dodger:D)
Hopefully in a superbo lusso wie G3.

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts