Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends, my 155 2.0 16v 1996 leaks a little bit of oil from the oil pan where it touches the engine block. I supposed it was a bad gasket and searched for the part number in the CD parts catalogue that I own. To my surprise, I noticed that there is no such thing as a gasket there. Is that true? Do we have to use liquid gasket sealer? Cheers!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi...use a rubber silicon sealant.....I bought some black goo from a local motor factors.

btw......you'll need a long torx bit to remove the sump, about 150mm long!!!

wrinx

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wrinx said:
Hi...use a rubber silicon sealant.....I bought some black goo from a local motor factors.

btw......you'll need a long torx bit to remove the sump, about 150mm long!!!

wrinx

thank you wrinx

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fmvidal said:
thank you wrinx
Huh , no gasket , ok , maybe because I have a diesel , but I have a gasket , and yes it leaks , but I have not seen a torx bit there , its all 10 mm bolts .
:rant:

·
Registered
48 Posts
yea mine leaks bad not major tho! it looks like one hell off a job thought thats why i haven't touched it yet,

is it a big job or just a time consumer?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to say that I've just got off the Phone to AlfaWorkshop inquiring about the price of a Sump Gasket (I put a fist sized hole in my sump bottoming out my 156 2.4 JTD on Friday... I really need better springs/shocks in the front, but that's for another thread) and was told they don't have one.

So what Wrinx said's right.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Don't know when exactly, but they seem to have gone away from gaskets and used goo on most motors. The early 164 V6 listed a sump gasket and I've removed a few, but later ones are all glued on.

Make sure you get a suitable goo though - it needs to be Lambda probe friendly (assuming your car has one of course). Most types should be nowadays, but it's worth checking.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
just goes to show, listen to the wrinkled one.
Of course.....:) - although technically he's wrong....;) - the sump on the TS is held on with Ribe bolts, not Torx :) - but torx will generally do!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts