Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the plugs today. The 2 in cylinder one (I think...left as you look down) were covered in oil. Had nothing to clean down the hole so just put in the new ones. Should I take out the 2 again and clean down the hole? Looked in and it looked ok. No big pool of oil or anything just a covering of oil on the old ones. I think I have been careful topping up the oil.

T

·
0 Posts
Changed the plugs today. The 2 in cylinder one (I think...left as you look down) were covered in oil. Had nothing to clean down the hole so just put in the new ones. Should I take out the 2 again and clean down the hole? Looked in and it looked ok. No big pool of oil or anything just a covering of oil on the old ones. I think I have been careful topping up the oil.
This happens when owners top up with oil and it leaks under the cover, it happened me when I topped up on a windy day :rant:

When you take out the old plugs the oil should have gone into the engine and been burned off?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya thats what I thought would happen! Must take it for a good spin now later to *ahem* bed in the new plugs...

·
Registered
38,299 Posts
It can also mean that your cam cover gasket is goosed.
The synthetic material perishes as it gets older and this allows oil to leak through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts