Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i know this has been talked about before but yesterday my dash low oil light came on and a while after the check panel also came on .
I have looked in the manual and today i dissconected the low oil sender and other various oil senders [trying to eliminate as much as possible]but the light in the dash still takes a while to go out [should not be lit anyway unless low oil]but the check panel light will not go out .
before i buy another sender has anyone who has had this problem solved it by just replacing the oil sender because the manual lists a control panel control unit N59 which sorts out some of signals that come from the various senders [located in the fuse box]what i am thinking is if the sender is faulty you may not bypass the problem by just dissconeting the sender ,ie the control unit may need a correct signal/pulse to reset the lights???
Regards Graham :confused:

·
Premium Member
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
Actually Graham I am glad you posted this as recently I had the same problem with my 2.0 TS 16v. Mymisses topped the oil up without checking it first, which actually put the oil level over the max limit. Yet the oil light was still ON, on the panel & like yours the main dial warning light would take a little while to go out after starting. I unfortunatley cannot give you any answers. After removing the excess oil, I had a an idea that the cam variator may of gone. within a few weeks it was clear that it was going. I had it changed and it has never done it again, and also the tapping noise that i had has now completley gone.

So if yours is sounding a bit tappy, could be worth a little investigation. hope that helps in some way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI sorted the problem out ,just replaced the sender and all is well .
Regarding any noises ,i hope not because if you were in the old 155 com you would have seen my tale of woe.... when my cam tensioner went bang along with all my nice 16 valves ,i had the variator along with water pump etc replaced £1700 later..... and mine went bang at 34000 miles so if anyone has just bought a 155 get it checked now!!!!!!

Regards Graham. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
550 Posts
HI ALFAOWNER:
CAN I ASK HOW MANY MILES HAS YOUR BABE ?
REGARDS
JORGE

·
Registered
550 Posts
HI ALL THERE:

MINE HAS 28105 KILOMETERS FROM FACTORY !!!!!

REGARDS
JORGE ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi there !

My 2.0 16V has 187.000 kilometres on the clock. Oil consumption : 1 litre on 14.000 k's. I think my engine is in very good condition.

Ronald ARTC20

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi all
Good to see a Continental responce. Mine '96 2.0 16v have 131k km (82k m)on the clock, just chipped to 186 HP / 215 Nm. Consumes 1 litre every 5k km or so. Variator has done 70k km (45k m) - been clatting a little since I bought the car at 100k km (62k m).
One very happy Alfisti :rolleyes:
Erik

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello there

My 96 2.0 16v super has 53,000 miles on the clock. Changed the cam belt, tensioner etc at 46,000. Still on the variator that was on the car when I bought it at 36000. Uses 0.5 litres oil in 5000 miles. :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I could well have the youngest 155 out there. According to the log book it was first registered in October 1999 yes '99 though I am not sure when it was actually made! When I bought it in June this year it had >3500km it now has 7800km. Just for reference it is a 2.0TS 16V Lusso, in Alfa Red. Apart from the keycode playing up and the fan burning out I am very happy with it

·
Registered
550 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS MANILA 155!!!!
BE HAPPY !!

CHEERS
JORGE ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts