Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get up a kerb in my 3.0 I have managed to do some damage to the underside of the car and it is now leaking a thin steam of oil. Its dark out and I can't see what I may have damaged. All I know is that the leak is at the front right hand side of the engine bay. Any advice would be appreciated!

TIA

Sent from my Dell Streak - excuse the spelling mistakes!

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO START THE CAR!!!!

sorry for shouting fella, but have a close inspection of your sump as that is the lowest point of your engine.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I wasn't going to risk starting her now. I drove her about 10 metres after the bump so I doubt there is any serious damage. I seem to remember the sump being on the left though - am I wrong?

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
I reckon you have a crack and its possibly on right hand side of the sump as you look from front, or your car may be at a slight angle and that is the direction or source of crack/hole? (The sump at its deepest will be more or less centre/front of engine bay.)

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
You could also have bumped the oil cooler or its pipes which would break quite easily if they are already corroded. The cooler is behind the bumper on the front off side.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could also have bumped the oil cooler or its pipes which would break quite easily if they are already corroded. The cooler is behind the bumper on the front off side.
I suspect you may be right as the oil appears to be dripping from just behind the wheel arch cover at the front of the right wheel arch.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suspect you may be right as the oil appears to be dripping from just behind the wheel arch cover at the front of the right wheel arch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts