Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I took the engine cover of tonight for the first time in... well... ever. I noticed oil on top of the engine on the right hand side, coming from either cylinder 4, or more likely the black plastic unit on the right hand side.

I've included a couple of photos and wondered if anybody had any insight, has anybody else suffered from the same issue? I'm assuming I will need to replace a seal but not sure where.

Thanks!
B

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi,
The plastic part on the right hand side is most likely breather / oil separator and is part of a Crankcase ventilation. The separator is sealed to a valve cover with an o-ring. Just remove it and replace the o-ring.
Regards
ZeiPii

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello. I have the same problem on my car. Did yoj managed to fix it ? Does anybody have a Oem number for the current seal that needs replacement ? Is it a hard operation? Do i need to go to a service or i can do it myself? Best regards

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello. I have the same problem on my car. Did yoj managed to fix it ? Does anybody have a Oem number for the current seal that needs replacement ? Is it a hard operation? Do i need to go to a service or i can do it myself? Best regards
I guess you can do this on your own. Just remove the screws and hoses, take out the oil separator und change the seal.
According to eper you can only buy the whole unit: part no. 55219081 (60€).
Part 1 in this picture:

emaps.jpg

--> I have to correct that, you can buy the seal, too. Have a look at this thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts