Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just found an oil leak, the photo is attached but I can't find where it's coming from as I can't take the undertray off. Going from where about's the leak is, anyone have an idea if its maybe the pipes or filter?

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
pretty hard to suggest anything till the tray comes off, worse case scenario is oil cooler pipes if they are still original.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Oil cooler pipes probably most likely? And you just posted to facebook last night saying the GTA was finally sorted! :|

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was sorted from a mechanical side of things, like mapping so she's running spot on, no knocks or anything! :lol:

The oil cooler and oil cooler pipes were replaced just before I bought her too!! I thought it had the Mocal setup, but looking closely it appears not! Damn it!! I got the wheel arch liner off and you can see from the oil cooler that its leaking only a tiny bit so I've got some time to play with :)

So looks like I'll be buying the Mocal setup from Autolusso too.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
These cars seem to love throwing up a new thing to fix every time you think you've got it sorted... I guess it keeps us all interested :D Always chasing perfection as it slips further and further away. Is it worth trying to bodge it for the time being with some metal epoxy?

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The epoxy is an idea I guess, but you can see where the undertray has taken quite a wack and it maybe a damage sump gasket?

Oh these cars do, it's why I like the GTA so much though as its always keeping you busy. I could never own something reliable :lol:

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I have also noticed leak here. Looks like oil cooler or pipes. Mine are original although the cooler is only 2 years old. :(. How did you fix? I did notice not much of a leak few weeks ago but it was tiny, but now the leak is much more substantial.

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the oil cooler pipes, changed them for some new items and sorted it. But then I smashed the bottom of the car and broke the pipes again :lol:

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Where do you get pipes from? How much roughly are they?

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where do you get pipes from? How much roughly are they?
I had mine sourced from a guy called Feli who runs Sunnyside Garages, he got them sent over from Italy, took a while to find some though! :eek:

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Looking today kinda confirms that the pipes are heavily corroded. But the main problem i think is the cooler itself as the bottom half of the cooler is covered in oil and lots of dirt and crap has stuck to it. Oil has obviously blown away from the cooler and covered everything behind it, the inner arch is very oily and the underneath also.
I suppose looking on the bright side at least it will help prevent any corrosion lol.
Thinking the best route forward is the Autolusso Mocal Oil cooler kit. Only problem is i have spent every last penny recently on suspension parts literally the same day as discovering the major leak. Such bad luck :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts