Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed the plugs on my 159 1750tbi and the #3 and #4 recesses were awash with oil-the #3 plug was pretty much submerged.
I cleaned it all out but the #3 is building up again.
Can anyone tell me what is likely to be leaking to cause this? I thought rocker cover gasket but seeing a picture of one there was no sign that said gasket is involved in this area.
Any help appreciated.
btw, I'm not a newbie, I was 'realslimshady' on here for years but the site did something with my password and it was impossible (for me anyway) to carry out the reset procedure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same problem. It's related with the sun head cylinder it's not proper sealed around the spark plugs house. I will fix this on mine next week putting new silicone gasket on the head.

Enviado do meu SM-G965F através do Tapatalk
take some pictures and put them on here mate when you do. Muito obrigado!

·
Vendor
48,181 Posts
The top half of the head holds down the camshafts against the lower half of the head, the two halves are sealed with silicone but it fails and the spark plug holes fill with oil. Worth fixing when you get the cambelt done.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The top half of the head holds down the camshafts against the lower half of the head, the two halves are sealed with silicone but it fails and the spark plug holes fill with oil. Worth fixing when you get the cambelt done.
Yes i will change the cambelt so I will fix this issue with oil leaking

Enviado do meu SM-G965F através do Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I have impression that most of TBi owners shares the same issue. A few of my firends who have 159s TBi had the same issue, me too - after replacing gasket it was nearly OK, though very small QTYies still passed through (so there was like very sticky, tiny amount of maze always in spark plug hole).

·
Registered
363 Posts
This seems to be a very common issue on the TBI engine, a friend just had it done on his TBI (65000 km). I will have this done soon on mine too (80000km) at the same time as the cambelt. You have to remove the cambelt and fit it again, so its best to change it for a new one.

You'll need two different silicon sealants from Loctite. Alfa sells them quite expensive, I suggest you source them elsewhere.
The Alfa part numbers are:
63934713 aka. Loctite 5205
63934708 aka. Loctite 5900

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.