Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok some have you might of read about my turbo problems.. just paid the bill for it to be reconditioned again iv spoke to the technician there and he asked how fast the oil comes out the feed pipe... Straight away he interrupted me and said it should be spraying out everywhere as its under pressure... Well it's not I'd say it's a flow about 4/5mm wide and took approx 5mins to fill a 2l bottle. What else can I do? What else can I check? Iv done the oil/ filter/ feed pipe...

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Did you check the banjo bolt where the pipe attaches to the front of the block, that its a favorite place for them to block up and why I mentioned it in your original post, you will need to change the copper washers when you refit it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was told to take my sump off and clean the oil strainer before fitting,flow wasnt my issue so avoided that and ok after 70mls touch wood. might be a blocked strainer perhaps?

·
Registered
99 Posts
What do yo mean 4-5mm wide? Where are you measuring it from exactly? what sort of connection is that? Are you measure it with the engine running or just cranking over or redline? What temperature is the oil? because its all going to be different. btw turbos bearing don't require oil pressure the same as an engine bearing, they are not that picky, as long as they have a steady flow, and not too much, they will be fine. To measure the difference between what is good and what is maybe not quite enough is not possible doing what you are doing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im glad you said that, its currently pumping 2 litres under a minute, spoke to midland turbo and they said yes that's fine :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts