Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to ask if anyone else had tried this I have a phase 1 spider and i want to change the oil cooler due to the rounded style one having corrosion issues.
I have several of the square type ones with the straight input / output pipes but wonder if it will function in the same way ?
I believe that with the square type if the the pipes are parallel and straight to the body it is a phase two cooler but if the pipes are at an angle to the main body it is a phase three cooler.
Will the coupling pipes be the correct length also ?
Any ideas are welcomed please.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have used a GTV engine in my 147 and noticed small differences but they do the same job .
Is yours fixed or a screw on type? The ones I have are attached using the bolt that you screw the oil filter to .
The pipes that come off it go to the same place on both.
The main difference I found was the main fitting that came off the ally supply on the front of the engine they have a pipe with a large nut around it where as the one on the 147 ( later type) has a union fitting that has a large bolt through it.
The actual oil filter end appeared to be the same but the engine was from a 2001 GTV.
Don't know if this will help but hope so.
As for the pipes they both appear to be the same .do you mean the rubber pipes that connect it to the filter end?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have a good look at both of your cars and see if you can see anything that may be a problem.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The one I have is fixed on with a large bolt which is also the fixing for the oil filter.
Thanks for help guys will eye it up in place tomorrow.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what you've said you should be able to change them over.
Just check the seal size on the back to be sure it will not leak.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All swapped thanks for the heads up managed to fit it after tweaking the two water pipes a little.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts