Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 20v JTD mjet has an oil leak from the oil cooler or hose connectors so will need to replace it as I'm guessing that it can't be repaired but can't see it how many rows it has, can some one tell me please (think it 13 or 16)?

I'm looking at a universal one (cheaper) so any one had experience of them?

Dave

M

·
0 Posts
Search on here it's been covered before. It's a 13 row but the thread about it gives measurements as well.

:)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Dan at Autolusso (Pud237 on the forum) gave me some solid advice regarding the oil cooler and associated plumbing..... replace the lot once you get a leak.
I didn't take that advice to replace the lot on my 147 until I had to as I tried a new pipe on its own. False economy as the oil cooler (essentially) then blew up under the pressure :eek: That was another *ahem* £500+ repair bill but, as the man said, I was getting used to it by then. At the time I couldn't wait to find an after market alternative oil cooler and pipes as I needed the car fixed there and then for a trip to the CLA game fair, but if you can wait to find the bits then I would. OE parts are mighty expensive for what you get.

M

·
0 Posts
Fin thread ebay universal ones in size quoted are a straight fit even bolts line up.

Then get elbows as per thread total cost for parts about £50

Just remember cut old elbows off hose as close to crimp as possible. You likely won't be able to replace just one part as elbows seize into cooler :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for info, I hope I found the correct thread,

universal 13 row 245x205x42mm oil cooler
hydraulic insert swept 90deg -7/8" thread x 5/8 hose

Will hoses still be long enough with a bit cut off?

M

·
0 Posts
If you cut right beside crimp then yes...

Also look it up on google but think AN10 fittings are correct inside diameter for hose.

Also rather than jubilee Clips use the stainless hose Clips that have a bolt between two round bits of metal.. much stronger grip, stronger clip and nicer on hose.

like this but can't remember correct od off top of head http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TBOLT-Hose-Pipe-Clamps-Clips-Stainless-or-Zinc-T-Bolt-Mikalor-Type-Band-/170718828414?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=470045006234&hash=item27bfa2977e

M

·
0 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Double check an10 is correct for cooler (should be) and into diameter is correct for hose :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for info, I hope I found the correct thread,

universal 13 row 245x205x42mm oil cooler
hydraulic insert swept 90deg -7/8" thread x 5/8 hose

Will hoses still be long enough with a bit cut off?
Hi,
Would you know if the alfa gt has the same sized rubber pipe?

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts