Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my oil cooler is leaking and im wondering what my options are to replace it?

is the an aftermarket one that anyone has fitted? are there any universal hoses available?

or is my only option to buy a second hand cooler and pipes? :(

any input will be brilliant

scott.

M

·
0 Posts
I've not heard of anyone here fitting an after market item....and Alfa only now stock 'one' of the two pipes required. Some have had new pipes fabricated.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
I've just nabbed the last one that Dan had on the shelf, however myself and Ned were discussing fabricating the pipes....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get them fabricated, ill buy them now! lol

anyone know what the fittings are on the cooler pipes? might try to get a mocal one fitted in there.....

do all oil coolers do the same job? or are there ones i need to avoid?

S

·
0 Posts
That kit looks good, you'd also get a remote oil filter too so it'd be easier to service after fitting that kit.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anyone know what fittings are on each end of the oil cooler pipes? i have found a company that may be able to replicate the pipes, but he wants to know which fittings etc. first and then i can let him ake my pipes to duplicate.......

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anyone know the type of fittings on either end of the oil cooler pipes

and also the size of the oil cooler itself

scott.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Its a banjo fitting at the engine end and a pad type fitting oil cooler end,i thought about having a pair made up but they really are an intricate pipe and a aftermarket one would need to be just right because space is tight an all a bit busy at the engine end. the best way i would think is to get the old ones off and use as a patern to get exact replicas of the originals. Dan managed to get me a pair from Italy last year but even one of them fitted at a horible angle on the oil cooler end, so i had to make an adapter plate to make it sit nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts