Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Oil cooler pipes

1K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  155ohyeah 
G
#1 ·
Damn! Got a leak from the oil cooler, well its the unions on the pipes but the pipes are well corroded and I don't fancy them bursting and leaving me stranded one day :eek:

Just checked the price and they are £75 each!!!! For a bit of sodding pipe :(

Does anyone know if these are available elsewhere???

Next option is to make them up meself ;) Get some copper and off ya go ;)

wrinx

G
#5 ·
Do twinny's have an oil cooler...never looked!! Anyway, its for the V6.....

Thanks Mave, never heard of that one so it will have to be steel...great!! Not sure huuuuge pipe bender will cope with that but we'll see :D

I'm guessing these are a main dealer only job and I'll have to fabricate the nut/seal too :(:(

wrinx

#6 ·
Try going down to a Hydraulic supplier`s they may be able to make some pipe`s up for you the same as the one`s on the car for a lot less money ;)

Are you sure it`s the pipe`s that are leaking or is it the cooler..............If it`s the pipes then be very careful when undoing the ends as they might fracture the cooler before they undo :eek: :(

Or is there a local motorsport shop they might have some various pipes in the one down the road from me had some when we fitted the cooler to the SUD .................but they probably want top money for them

G
#10 ·
Be very careful when you try to replace the pipes, from memory, they appear to be treadlocked as well, so you may well find that trying to undo the pipe from the oil cooler wrecks the oil cooler as well. Just to cheer you up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.