Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Folks

Does anyone have any idea if it's a good idea or waste of money having the oil changed after a year? My MA has only 5000 miles on the clock and although the manual says otherwise it would seem to me to be worth while, but I am no mechanic. Allams say 2 years...

·
Premium Member
4,544 Posts
Hi, Folks

Does anyone have any idea if it's a good idea or waste of money having the oil changed after a year? My MA has only 5000 miles on the clock and although the manual says otherwise it would seem to me to be worth while, but I am no mechanic. Allams say 2 years...
Doesn't the service manual recommend an oil change after 1 year if you do less than 9K?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Definitely worth doing,

Although mines a banger in comparison, I get mine changed every 4500-5000 miles and the engine feels good for it.

·
Administrator
87,071 Posts
It is a requirement for your warranty to have an oil & filter change if you have done less than 10K Km / 6K miles in a year.

See below for more details.

Giulietta Service MA 2.JPG

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
I'm a bit old school and I'd change the oil in a new car myself at 500 miles... never mind 5000... but have a look at the book re. warranty etc. If you need to do it, then do it.. but even if you don't, then still do it.. :)

Ralf S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts