Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I got my GT in around 4 months ago and loving it but I checked my oil level yesterday which was good but the oil was... not so good shall we say.

As this is my first Alfa, what prices should I be expecting for an oil change and filters? looking at the service book its last service was a big one and I want to make sure the right oil is put in it so which do i buy? its a 1.9 JTDM 2006

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Paying someone else to do it, or are you doing it yourself?

Full basic service (Oil, Oil Filter, Air filter, Fuel filter) should be around £200 from a decent garage.

Autolusso do fixed price servicing listed out on their website, so I'd use that as a good baseline for costs.

If you want to do it yourself (and it's pretty easy as jobs go!), parts will be about £60-80 depending on brand/source. I go almost exclusively to Shop4Parts for my servicing items, as they offer a good discount on OEM branded parts.

Oil wise, a decent 5W-40. I've been using Fuchs GT1 Titan XTL from Opie Oils, but I'm trying Motul X-Cess 5w40 on my next oil change. You can spend loads on oil (e.g. Millers Nano Drive) or you can spend very little on oil (Triple-QX from Halfords), what matters most is that you replace it in time!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I use triple QX 5w-40 every 6 months and my turbo is still good at 119k miles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Hi All,

I got my GT in around 4 months ago and loving it but I checked my oil level yesterday which was good but the oil was... not so good shall we say.

As this is my first Alfa, what prices should I be expecting for an oil change and filters? looking at the service book its last service was a big one and I want to make sure the right oil is put in it so which do i buy? its a 1.9 JTDM 2006

Thanks!
We charge £65 inc VAT for oil and filter and use Fuchs Titan Pro Flex XTL 5W/30

Or if you want to do it yourself

Fuchs Titan GT1 Proflex 5W-30 Premium Synthetic Engine Oil - Autolusso New Alfa Romeo Parts

1.9 JTD Oil Filter - Autolusso New Alfa Romeo Parts

Ned

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies, very helpful! I don't think I'll be doing it myself (don't have the right tools etc) so will be taking it to my local Indy in Norwich, I am having a go at cleaning the EGR tomorrow though if the weather holds out!

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts