Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem really weird but it seems too coincidental to ignore!

A while ago, my 159 started whinging that I should change my engine oil. I already had so just ignored the annoying reminder flashing at me for the first 5 minutes of every drive. When I finally found some free time, I bought a copy of MultiECUScan and reset the oil-change flag. Happy days, no more reminders!

Now for the Blue&Me bit....

For ages now I've had no joy getting Blue&Me to recognise any USB flash drives. I get "No Media Found" errors or worse, the "Building Media Library" message. I've tried every different pen drive I own - all to no avail despite having happily used them in the past.

Now that I've cleared the oil warning message - Blue&Me works first time, every time.

Thinking back, I reckon my Blue&Me problems started about the same time the "change oil" messages started appearing.

I know it sounds daft but can *you* explain it?

Cheers to all !

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Oil change fixes Blue&Me

Ha ha, that's a new one! Guess you are going to have to wait 20k or two years to find out! Have you updated the b&m? What year is your car?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha, that's a new one! Guess you are going to have to wait 20k or two years to find out! Have you updated the b&m? What year is your car?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color
It's an 09 159 and amazingly, the normally troublesome B&M is still working!

I wonder if this was Alfa's way of ensuring you got your oil changed :-/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts