Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the thing MOT'd (first time ANY car I've ever owned has made it through an MOT without any snags) and while I was there threw in an oil change too. One day later and the idle is all over the place - nearly stalling to 1800rpm. Searches on this and some other forums suggest that the MAF is having problems and one bright whiz implied to a similar poster that over filling the car with oil can result in oil going into the combustion chamber, being burnt and therefore affecting the MAF.....

So - do I a) take the car back to the garage and explain this to them (having quickly checked the oil level!) b) wait for the oil levels to settle down (if they are indeed over) and then see if the idle sorts itself out c) disconnect the MAF and see what happens, with the resort of cleaning it myself...

Or d) has anyone else experienced something similar and got any bright ideas.....?

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulietta QC Launch Edition
257 Posts
Certainly check the oil level yourself in the morning. If it's more than a few millimetres over the max line, it could be causing some issue. However, even if that was the case (and I doubt it, since no decent garage would over fill your car) you would still need to replace and clean the parts I suggested before getting a smooth idle back.

If you get these things fixed, you will not believe how good she is to drive. Had similar problems with mine, when I sorted it out, the difference in power was incredible.

Also, I'm not any kind of authority on these issues. I've just been forced to sort some of these problems myself, and spent too much time one this forum :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And this morning, typically, it seems as though it's back to normal.... grrr. will check oil level this afternoon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts