·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Plugs:
The OEM spec, which is:
4x NGK BKR6EKPA
and
4x NGK PMR7A

For the oil, most Semi-Synthetic 10W40 will be fine, it just depends how much you want to spend.
(there have been quite a few threads on oil...!!)

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
cheers i usually change the oil and filter every 5/6k is this often enough ?
It is twice as often as you need to change it!

Doesn't do any harm changing it that early, but it only needs a change every 12000miles/1-year whichever comes first.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is twice as often as you need to change it!

Doesn't do any harm changing it that early, but it only needs a change every 12000miles/1-year whichever comes first.
yeah thats what i did with my selespeed and after a new head a bottom end rebuild and then a replacement engine i have been a bit more carefull!!

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
yeah thats what i did with my selespeed and after a new head a bottom end rebuild and then a replacement engine i have been a bit more carefull!!
The 12000 mile interval won't have been the cause of that.
Lack of oil would have been though...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I used to use delightfully expensive selenia, it used to burn off fairly quick, my indy prefers a no name cheap oil he also stocks and its not burned off at all, which keeps the engine quieter and smoother for longer - I bought a great big 5 litre bottle too! not sure what I'll do with it now!

*on selenia the engine would start to sound off just as the service was due and you'd really feel the diff after the service. (annual as I didnt do much miles)

don't some people change to using 10w60 on the 1.8 and 2.0?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts