Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
Looks nice :thumbs:

Mileage is high for a 5 year old car, check for belt changes and check the electrics, looks like someone's fitted a new ICE system make sure they haven't messed up when fitting it.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Not a fan of the ICE and it looks like someone has gone crazy with the dash board wipes, making it shiny. Other than that its does look nice and tidy.

The 17" GTA alloys are a winner (got the same on mine), I do think the car needs to be lowered a little to get the wheels to fill the arches.

seems to be a awful lot of air fresheners??? at least the boot will also be nice and fresh

D

·
0 Posts
call me a fussy bugger but an Ice system like that and bass bin in the boot, well I'd be looking to see if it's been thrashed a little.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
call me a fussy bugger but an Ice system like that and bass bin in the boot, well I'd be looking to see if it's been thrashed a little.
+1, subs can be a bad sign.

or maybe he/she is into thier audio, not that i know if the kit is good or halfords bad.

·
0 Posts
bit over priced for a private seller i'd expect to drive it away for £3600

Looks like the "I.C.E." was done on the cheap....

ps you cant look cool in a diesel :p :cheese:

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
seems to be a awful lot of air fresheners??? at least the boot will also be nice and fresh
I'd be careful that it's not a lemon :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
never mind the milage or the ICE, what's with the very red mats

looks like the owner likes to ram raid halfords on his days off

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Not a fan of the ICE
Yep, pretty poor how it obscures the temp, clock and fuel gauges

:eek:

+1, subs can be a bad sign.

or maybe he/she is into thier audio, not that i know if the kit is good or halfords bad.
Have to be honest that sub looks like it's been abandoned in the boot ... if he was an audio geek he'd mention it in great detail in the ad

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
It's a 20v JTD mjet - you gotta go and see it at least! (yes i'm biased but i love mine!). I don't like the Ti seats personally and the red mats are a bit Halfords but that's no reason to avoid it....

Ditch the hideous ICE install though - no style at all! And the boot is limited enough already without that sub (Led Zep would have it as a bedroom practice amp perhaps, no more than that! :D ).

Check for cambelt history - it should have had at least one change AND a water pump by now (they aren't unknown to fail around 55-65k, taking the belt out. more than that and it's on borrowed time)

Check driveshaft condition very carefully - no clonks on taking up drive preferably. Engine should pull smoothly from very low revs up to at least 4500. If it's lacking low down pull the EGR valve might need attention (easily fixed for nothing if you search on here but they're over 100 quid so a good price reducer...). Also CHECK THE CLUTCH OUT! If it's been driven hard the clutch can be a weak point. Listen out for creaking from in front of the dash - not a big problem but it's usually the upper wishbone bushes. Easy enough to sort and another good way to get the price reduced eh?

HTH a bit!

btw You CAN look cool in a Diesel :) Picked up my mate's sister and her friends from a restaurant one night as a favour. Once they'd found the rear door handles all comments were along the lines of "ooh this is a nice car isn't it!) :D The nice thing as well is it's pretty quiet for an oil burner and the 5 pot actually sounds good when you nail it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HAHAHAHA at least my thoughts are the same.

Yeah the sub in the boot is crap spent 12k for my sound install in my celica so this would come out. Not tuning this car is will be my day car. Need reliable and fuel efficiant and i want comfort as travel round the UK and europe. But freshners in the car ???? either a clean freak or hiding somthing hahaha. but yeah not many 2.4ltr around. i will keep the head unit esp if sat nav is installed BONOUS. Got to wait till my money come first but i love the 2.4 and i sooo want a TI i love the red stitched seats. but the mats will go.

Cheers i thought 4250 was a little high i thought 3500 as well and i have been told by the alfa dealership next door to me high milage is better if cambelt done on time and serviced regulary and the engines are designed to RUN and RUN LONG hahaha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts