Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the engine from the front, I have just noticed that the first sensor plug (two pin) when you follow the air intake round to the left from the air filter.......has been unplugged, taped up and hidden underneath the fuel injection manifold. What is this for then? Should I be very worried or what.

When I can get the pictures down to less than 100kb, I'll show you what I mean. :(

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Does it go into the rubber tubing??? the sensor that is :rolleyes:

If so it`s probably the air temperature sensor...............might have one of those stupid go faster resistors off e bay in it :rolleyes: :cheese:

Or its been disconnected to avoid poor starting when the engine is hot ................a few of the 2.0 `s suffer from that problem or the last owner might think that by disconnecting it the engine would go faster due to the ECU thinking it was getting cold air all the time and overfuelling :rolleyes: :rolleyes: same thing the resistor off e bay is supposed to do :cheese: :cheese: but does`nt

Try re connecting it and see if it still runs ok .................probably will or pull the silly resistor out if there`s one in and re connect it :D :D

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Sounds like the air temp sensor to me, probably been unplugged as sometimes when they are left in direct sunlight for a period of time the engine wont start with it connected.

just reconnect it so that the ECU gets the right reading and runs the engine correctly, if it fails to start in the sun, diconnect/start engine/reconnect :D

you may now go and tell me its not the one im thinking of :D :rolleyes:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your car's running Motronic 2.10.4, it could be the old wiring for .3 that went to the EGR valve.(.4 doesn't have an egr valve) Rather than going to the expense of redesigning the wiring loom, alfa just stuck a resistor init and hid it away at the back of the engine, close to the inlet manifold. It is a 2 pin plug BTW.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Phew....can I go to sleep now?

I was going to be up all night worrying about that! Thanks fella's one and all! I'll plug it in in the morning and see what happens....I thought it may have been some kind of air sensor, in so much there would have been another further down the exhuast so iot could work out what was going on in between that and the cat.....meaning the cat was knacked and the last owner disconnected it to hide it....or summat like that!

We don't tend to have cat's on our Diesel engines.....EGR now...that's a different matter!

Cheers guys - theres a drink in the post for ya all!!

Phew.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alfajack said:
This is the one we mean
Is that your engine in the attachment?

What do you use to get the head so clean?

Proper sparkling that kidda!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oooooooooh I was, but, I can't even be bothered.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
rochey said:
Is that your engine in the attachment?

What do you use to get the head so clean?

Proper sparkling that kidda!
Heres a proper pic, it was my engine, belongs to Evo-number-one now.

just a lot of work with a course wire brush :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts