Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well chaps, I guess it was bound to happen eventually.
After 11 years of 166 ownership, all with the same car, it's time to sell undoubtedly the most characterful car I've ever owned, the only car I've ever taken over the 100K mark (and the only car I've ever driven more than 100K in).
The V5 is currently at Swansea due to a numberplate change but should be back soon so if anyone is interested send me a PM (more pics. available) or gimme a shout on the number below
Needless to say it needs a good home.

Alfa Romeo 166 Super Lusso 3.0 litre
Price :- £1,150 Contact :- 01428 713048 Location:- NE Hampshire

Year :- 2001 Mileage :- 158,000 MOT :- Nov 2015
Colour :- Black
Transmission:- 6-speed Manual
Specification :- Sat Nav, DSP stereo, Telephone, Full Black Leather, Xenons, Rear Blind

The Ultimate 166 spec. - 3.0 Super Lusso, Manual, Black with Sat Nav, DSP, Telephone and Xenons.
I have owned this car for 11 years when it was bought from a main dealer with 19,000 miles on the clock. However the car has only done 20,000 miles in the last 5 years and has now got to the point of seeing virtually no usage whatsoever, so the car is now very reluctantly being put up for sale. It has spent most of its life living in a garage and needless to say it has a comprehensive history. The last Cam-Belt change was at 140,000 miles which also included a metal GTV water pump. The car also has one of the ‘magic’ ICS units and a stainless steel exhaust system fitted.
Number plate not included in sale.
All pictures are of actual car and taken 2015

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right, The paperwork from the numberplate change is now sorted.
The summer holidays and work trips are out of the way and sorted.
.... and as the car has done precisely zero mileage since the last post above, sitting in a nice warm garage all its while, it's time to get things, well, sorted.
As I don't really want to advertise anywhere else other than here in the hope that it might go to someone who appriciates it, price revision now sorted too.
Revised asking price is £1,150.
Let me know chaps
Cheers
Bill

·
Registered
873 Posts
You do realise you'll come to regret selling it don't you....?

And that 20,000 miles in the last five years is absolutely no excuse?

I hope you find a suitable buyer. Would've snapped it up myself but I already have two 3.0 Supers, plus a 3.0 Sportronic.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It was bound to happen, whenever I buy a car after a few months of looking, a better one comes along the following week.

Although it seems the usual pattern is to own at least two, the wife would not go for it!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Totally ridiculous amount of car for the money. For 3x the money, really. Superb.

Currently have 5 cars, 3 of which are Alfas. Not quite sure even my logic/ man maths can stretch to another. Christ, it wants to though..

Cheers,
Hedge

·
Registered
177 Posts
It does look a lovely car. Trying to work out a way to finance and house it, currently my Giulietta lives on the road at the side of the house.

I'd be interested in more pictures but can't work out how to send a private message.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Good luck with the sale. Looks like a great car.
If I had the spare cash I would. But I'd have to sell the 147 pretty sharpish and take a hit.

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
:cool:

Beautiful.

A large, good-looking V6 Alfa at an affordable price. Last of a kind. We will never see its like again.
Gosh IF eye didnae have my 4 I'd be on the first Virgin Train South like I did twice before.

BIGGER GOSH....Tat is wan o The Corries. "Oh flour of Scotland " made by warburtons.:biglaugh:

Pomeo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts