Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After six months out of work I started a job at the beginning of Jan only to be let go by the company last Fri afternoon! (it was a role I've never done before in an industry I have no experience in) I now feel sick, miserable and useless. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Tough break. What was the reason given? If it was lack of experience it was down to them for taking you on in the first place. They should have given you more training to get you up to speed. Don't give up hope, look for something more in your comfort zone - easy to say more difficult to do in the current climate.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was on a contracted probation period and they said that they don't have the time or resources to for training. To be fair my background is inward investment/FDI/economic development/tourism management and development so perhaps a move to a Recruitment Consultant was a strange step but I was/am desperate. Cold calling has never been my thing and that's what they said the issue was.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
After six months out of work I started a job at the beginning of Jan only to be let go by the company last Fri afternoon! (it was a role I've never done before in an industry I have no experience in) I now feel sick, miserable and useless. Any suggestions?
No need to feel useless. The whole economy is a mess at the moment and people are losing jobs all over the place. Just put this one down to experience, pick yourself up and start looking again. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has given me the impetus to get my house in Manchester on the market and move in with my missus in her house in Liverpool.

·
Registered
14 Posts
good luck with your ventures.
don't feel bad about the job not suiting you, cold calling isn't for everyone, i speak from experience lol

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
It has given me the impetus to get my house in Manchester on the market and move in with my missus in her house in Liverpool.
:thumbs: Not all bad then......or is it ?

Cold calling is an issue for a lot of workers. It has always been an element of my job and the trick is to be pleasant and just not to take anything personally.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No not all bad..although I haven't seen what my car insurance will be yet!

All my business development work has involved face-to-face meetings etc. That is one reason why I took the job, I knew it was/is as weakness so thought I'd be able to turn it into a strength. Ho hum.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
.although I haven't seen what my car insurance will be yet!
Had a pleasant surprise with mine. Renewal came through at £700, shopped around and got it down to £420 :cool: Not bad for fully comp on a 5.0 V8 :D

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm 29 with only two years ncb and it'll be parked in North Liverpool on the street. I'm paying nearly a grand already. I'm going to get b&**ed.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Seems a bit steep to me, but I'm an old sod with full NCB.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's currently parked on the street in Greater Manchester. As soon as they see a L,M or SK postcode they clap their hands together with joy. Also the aftermarket alloys add about £250 to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts