Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, on the 3rd day of my week off I got a little bored. I have decided to tidy up my engine bay, to start with I took the plug cover off the ts and cleaned it up. Wire brush and degreaser to clean. Silver enamel spray to protect and red enamel to touch in the details.
I'm afraid I got a bit carried away and painted the smaller plug bulges red too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
You've started now, before you'll know it you'll be stripping the whole engine down to clean & re paint !!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You've started now, before you'll know it you'll be stripping the whole engine down to clean & re paint !!
Don't say that lol. I don't need to go that far. I'm just going to address the top of the engine bay and anything that may need attention.
Most cars I have had, I have cleaned the tops and I looks so much better.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the intake manifold yet though. I don't want to remove it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I promise you I won't :lol:.
My plan is to get the rocker cover gasket. Take the rocker cover off and give it the same treatment as the the plug cover. The get a engine bay dress up kit off eBay and replace all the visible nuts and bolts with stainless steel. Repaint the heatsheild with vht paint. Take off the slam panel, paint and resticker. Take off the lower cross member under the radiator and repaint. Remove all the little bits of metal bracketry and repaint.
OK OK. I know that's only a couple of steps short of a full refurb lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts