Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
I had one of those, Brand New, when they first came out. What an admission.First long drive, over night to collect my girlfriend from Slapton Leigh, where she had been on a field course.Didn't put her off me though. She is still my wife! I liked my Avenger. Rear axle went a bit funny though, I seem to recall?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Excuse me!! my first car was a Hillman Avenger. It was quite fun to drive, particularly in the wet with it's rear wheel drive.

:)

Haven't got a piccy but it was this colour. :vomit:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Looks like a Vectra on Steroids !! :eek:

Not to my taste I'm afraid !! :(

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Yes it did Nev, but that was just about it I reckon. Easy to get in and drive though. Nowadays spend more time reading the handbook and still don't understand how it is all supposed to work!

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
THat was an aftermarket stick-on jobby. Mine didn't have that but they were [email protected] anyway!
You couldn't see though those once there were stuck on either eh ?? :lol: (Well you couldn't though the one my Dad's mate had anyway !! :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
There was something amiss with the tappets as well I think. The 180 took the biscuit for top end rattles though, didn't it?

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
My mate had a 'sporty' Avenger :rolleyes: but can't remember what it's model name was :confused:

It was still a bag o sh1te though !! :D

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
It had Mc Pherson strut front suspension as well! Don't care how it gets slagged off, I had a brand new car, when the majority were walking or bussing! Snob that I was!

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Yup that's the one Mr. S !! :D

Thanks for that !! ;)

Like I said... it was still a Bag O Sh1te !! :lol:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You know it's no good when the company keeps changing names:

Hillman->Chrysler->Talbot

:)

My dad had 2 Chrysler 180s in succession.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts