Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alas, it looks like the end for my 20V after nearly 7 years of reliable motoring. Through circumstances that I am not willing to discuss on a public forum, my Alfa has just done a "Dukes of Hazzard" leap over a hump backed bridge at 60 mph. The occupants were lucky that the car stayed on the road but the Alfa has not done so well. It landed hard on the front and mangled the lower radiator mounts and pushed the whole lot (including cat/exhaust) backwards to the extent that the air con pulley caught and threw the belt off. It then came down hard on the rear tow bar and left slight creases in both rear panels to match the slight crease in the front left wing. Amazingly the sump survived and engine runs fine. The main chassis rails look OK and doors and boot close fine so I'm impressed how it survived. In addition to the cosmetic damage it needs new rad, air box, cat/exhaust, and a fair bit of metal work to sort at the lower front so I think I will scrap it. It seems a shame as the chassis/engine is in great condition otherwise. Anyone fancy a project?

Keith

1 - 1 of 1 Posts