Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been in work since 7 this morning and in my tiredness I clipped the front of the car off my gate on the way home , the bumper just pressed against the gate. I have two nasty scraped but they are repairable once I find the colour code and get the paint...

BUT

Check engine light has now come on, I didn't hit it hard at all and the bumper is still in place, does it come on automatically on impact , can I re-set it? I started the engine and everything seems to be ok...

**** this week , it's been ****e...:cry:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jesus I've been looking up what software , readers I need to clear the code and the be honest I'm beyond tired now I need a vodka...'It's Elm...no it's OBd2...no it's...etc'...

Please will someone tell me this evening so when I wake up in the morning with what I plan to be a bad hangover what software I need to get myself to connect to my ECU and clear code. 2001 Alfa 166 V6....Thank you...

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,858 Posts
Is it a injector or engine shaped symbol?

·
Registered
Alfa 145, Spider, Chrysler Delta
7,120 Posts
I wonder if the jolt has disturbed something in the air box/ air flow meter as that is down by the bumper if it is the left side that was whacked.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorted lads - Well kind of, I got some rubbing compound polish and took the majority of the scratch's out today , it'll need a small bit of sanding and painting when I get around to it but nothing major.

I got an OBD2 scanner for 20 quid and cleared the check engine light off, it gave me two codes P1173 and P1176 , according to a bit of searching this relates to the MAF and fuel trimmings. So I'd say I've knocked the MAF out of whack a little , I'll take a look at it tomorrow in the light but car is running ok.

I have a spare MAF inside that came off my 156 Tspark , are they the same on the 2.5 V6 if so I could just swap them out if it's fubbered.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Italian service required?
As in just hammer the living sh** out of it and all will be well again!!:cool:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just had a good spin coming back from football there , turned STR on...sure she's grand. That V6 sound is so bloody addictive!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts