Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

morning guys, need some advice please.
last night had to swerve to avoid another car, passenger side front wheel hit the curb very hard. badly curbed wheel but worse than that..
Car doesnt move managed to somehow rev it hard to get it parked up.
even with the handbrake off it doesnt roll down hill and barley moves unless i really give it some. wheel is definitely pushed inward. and there is a loud clunking noise if i do try move it.
Advice greatly appreciated.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
Really sorry to hear ya bad news........ :(

·
Registered
38,299 Posts
Oh Dear Sy, that doesn't sound good. :(

Sounds like you maye have done some suspension or gearbox damage which is making the car hard to move.

Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know im gutted, still need to get it towed it goes into gears fine, so wishbone is what im thinking along with a new wheel.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cars now in garage. had to put space saver on so the car would move as the arm was bent and wedged against the wheel/tyre

So as the car is been put on the back of the wagon, i see a fellow member from the Alfa.net site turn up in his lovely 156 V6 :lol:
was a funny coincidence.

·
Vendor
46,146 Posts
Sy... :( :cry:

Any body damage? I guess the wheel is FUBAR'd, you should be able to order a single one from GTAItalianWheels.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Hopefully no more damage than that. Lot of grief when these things happen, but new wishbone and wheel wont hurt you too much.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know hopefully cost is minimal as im skint atm.
i would say wheel is f**ked i have emailed GTA wheels see if they sell separates. its badly curbed and i think it does look buckled not too sure yet. if not buckled im gonna pay for all 4 to be re cond.
Anyway first crash i have had hopefully last.
Was lucky that there is no body damage at all. full force was right onto the wheel.
On a happier note the GTA kit will be ready mid week :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts