Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
Have bought a 57 Brera 2.4JTD, and noticed loud knock when corrnering hard left from O/S rear suspension. Turning in hard left get a loud knock as suspension compresses followed by quieter knock astraightening up. Bushes? Wishbones?
Car is still under dealership warranty, done less than 30k

Cheers

·
Registered
209 Posts
Would ve very suprised if it was any of the bushes on the rear suspension, they tend to last the life of the vehicle, unlike the front bushes.
I had a similar clunk a while back but only when braking, not cornering.
Turned out that a rear brake pad had come away from its backing plate, and the pad slid up past the calliper a little, but not far enought to seperate.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
If it is the rear bushes, it gets very expensive very quickly (don't ask how I know)
Actually I think they will not last lifetime of vehicle - most likely very denatured by 100,000 miles..
Alternatively, it could be a broken rear spring.
Get it back in and fixed under warranty fast!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I've got knocking noises from both rears. Sounds like a dustin lid rattling around in the boot or something.

All been checked though and all OK.

Baffled

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've got knocking noises from both rears. Sounds like a dustin lid rattling around in the boot or something.

All been checked though and all OK.

Baffled
I've just started getting a clunk from one corner of the rear, mainly noticeable over rough road. Going to get it checked out in the next couple of weeks so will post here if anythings found.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've just started getting a clunk from one corner of the rear, mainly noticeable over rough road. Going to get it checked out in the next couple of weeks so will post here if anythings found.
Most definitely your Droplinks. Not expensive to buy or fit.

·
Registered
291 Posts
There are Meyle Heavy Duty droplinks that are very good and with slightly bigger diameter of joints than the OEM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts