Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a black offside door mirror unit for my 2000 Spider.

Some kind idiot broke mine when the car was parked in super market car park.

If anyone out there has one in a fairly good condition I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Cheers.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've just tracked down a blue one for my GTV - there's a couple of black ones on ebay still i think. I struggled to find one - i thought there would be loads around but appears not!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
It's worth being aware that Spider door mirrors are black plastic whereas GTV mirrors are gloss painted - though you could rectify that with matt black spray paint I guess.

EB Spares sells new door mirrors but in primer finish, so personally I'd continue looking for a Spider one.

-Alex

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
I've got a few GTV mirrors (tho not in black) if you don't manage to find a Spider one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks rqwm

Will keep looking for a while longer.

If nothing turns up in the near future would appreciate taking up your offer.

regards

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi pkr

Thanks for help, but managed to dismantle my mirror and repaired by joining the broken swivel joint parts with a piece of steel plate.

cheers

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Thanks for help, but managed to dismantle my mirror and repaired by joining the broken swivel joint parts with a piece of steel plate.
Well done! Mine probably has the same fault - it flops around. Once I figure out how to get it open, maybe I can make the same repair as you have.

-Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts