Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thought a photographer took a pretty nice shot of my car at a track day today, so I though an avatar change was in order :cool:

After quite some time messing around with resizing and photbucketing, and editing out number plates - It transpires that my avatar is in fact practicaly indistinguishable from the orginal.

Hence this thread :rolleyes:

I'm still recovering from the disappointment of not being able to see the tyres being pulled off my rim in 100x100 pixels.

So I attach the following photgraphic sequence to prove, that I have, in fact, changed my avatar.

So there :p

(The keen avatar connoisseur will notice that it is picture 3 in this sequence).

Regards,
TB :)

M

·
0 Posts
great set of pics TB...what state were ur types when you finished ?

:wow:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They were a very worn set of pilot sport Cups (trackday tyres) at the start the day, this didn't do m,uch to improve them :)
They create a lot of extra g-forces compared to normal road tyres and make the car handle very neutrally - a lot more fun.

I probably had the pressure a bit low on that session, the track was damper earlier and suddenly a lot of extra grip came around.

The car would be pulling around 1.2g in the pic, times (1400kgs + two people) is a lot of effort for the sidewalls.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
BTW bumped in to AO members Matt Ireland, and Marku Allen at the event, as well as Ciars obviously.

@explsive alfa: okay, okay, I have gone to the dark side and put a JTD in there :lol:
PS: Don't tell Sandys :D

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Great piccies TB. Even Mrs R is impressed. :D

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheeers to the Rossers :)

Think I will have to trade my wife in, all I could get out of her was
"Well, (sigh) I suppose each of those pictures is very slightly different.." :lol:

TB

Roswell said:
Great piccies TB. Even Mrs R is impressed. :D

·
Registered
913 Posts
woo-hoo i'm famous, i'm famous:cool: !!! even if it is only 100x100 size:D

that really is one hell of a car and all credit to you for that. need a bigger helmut though.

oh and forgot to say, cheers as i never knew what those parts in an engine bay were until yesterday when i saw you adjusting the settings

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Nice photos indeed. :cool:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts