Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would start a new thread so we can please stop posting in the "who's who in the alfa zoo" so we can keep it simple.

Lets rather do all the chit chat and ask questions in this post so as to keep the original thread intact and not completely hi-jacked:thumbs:

So to start off with;

Welcome BussoV6, Would love to see some pics of those lovely cars.

Alfasud1.5ti. Was the car always white...? You got to love the boxer sound?

·
Registered
846 Posts
:lol: I think thats why they want to all meet again... Hi-jack one anothers cars from each other.
ey, don't be jealous, you guys wanna be up here just as badly :p

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
hey lets be honest.. no one wants to steal an alfa.. lol ...... ps i not going anymore i scared now that cerrone wants to ttouch my zorst inappropriately

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
whats happening with that GTA of yours? you know what it really needs??? My right foot.. on the loud pedal

·
Registered
139 Posts
hehehe... last i heard from my brother yesterday that my bumper should be completed by this week latest and then going to do the alignment (caster and camber). Then want to run it around a bit in newcastle to make sure that it wouldnt die on me on the way back to jozi :) i donnot have a replacement car btw..so it needs to be kinda reliable lol :) any idea how nuch of power i should expect the car to loose at our current altitue here in jozi...and just another thought, what is the real effect of the grade of feul that we use.. cos it becoming more and more rare to find a garage up here that sells 95 grade unleaded feul... most of them sell the lower 93 grade, im certain this would kill my car.

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
most petrol stations have 95.. almost all shells do

·
Registered
47 Posts
I thought I would start a new thread so we can please stop posting in the "who's who in the alfa zoo" so we can keep it simple.

Lets rather do all the chit chat and ask questions in this post so as to keep the original thread intact and not completely hi-jacked:thumbs:

So to start off with;

Welcome BussoV6, Would love to see some pics of those lovely cars.

Alfasud1.5ti. Was the car always white...? You got to love the boxer sound?
Yeah, everything is origional exept the Sound, it sound better with the semi free flow;)..... i even asked to get almost the same tires they fitted back in the day;)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
hehehe... last i heard from my brother yesterday that my bumper should be completed by this week latest and then going to do the alignment (caster and camber). Then want to run it around a bit in newcastle to make sure that it wouldnt die on me on the way back to jozi :) i donnot have a replacement car btw..so it needs to be kinda reliable lol :) any idea how nuch of power i should expect the car to loose at our current altitue here in jozi...and just another thought, what is the real effect of the grade of feul that we use.. cos it becoming more and more rare to find a garage up here that sells 95 grade unleaded feul... most of them sell the lower 93 grade, im certain this would kill my car.
93 to 95 in my experience makes a big difference. I'll only run my 147 on 95. It can be had at enough places to be able to demand it. I just don't use stations that don’t keep it. I often run the Jetta on a 50/50 95 and LRP mix. Even that has a noticeable difference in power.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
hey lets be honest.. no one wants to steal an alfa.. lol ...... ps i not going anymore i scared now that cerrone wants to ttouch my zorst inappropriately
That's true hey, just look at the insurance quotes you get...
I'm paying around R400 for my car, that falls under "sports car" AND "classic car". Plus being as young as I am ( and only recently becoming legal). it all counts against me, yet I have full cover, did I say I don't require (nor do I have) an Alarm system????:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
93 to 95 in my experience makes a big difference. I'll only run my 147 on 95. It can be had at enough places to be able to demand it. I just don't use stations that don’t keep it. I often run the Jetta on a 50/50 95 and LRP mix. Even that has a noticeable difference in power.
95 is best - the money difference is small anyway. There is enough garages with it, I just plan my trip home / work a bit different when it comes close to fill-up time.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Gotta love the coast for freely available 95 and nice air:D! scrgdk, where did you get your valuation certificate? Got mine at UMS in Cape Town - they and Motostars have some sweet classic rides...

·
Registered
139 Posts
aahh.. awsome.. hmm, what about those octane boosters, how much does that add to the cars performance and does having it mix with your fuel for longer(like in a jerry can) kinda give better results? there must be some side effects though for adding that to your car

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
stay away from boosters unless you know what your doing.. these have additives that can stuff up your cats and cause detonation....

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Gotta love the coast for freely available 95 and nice air:D! scrgdk, where did you get your valuation certificate? Got mine at UMS in Cape Town - they and Motostars have some sweet classic rides...
Steven from the Alfa club, but never got the paper yet...
Dunno if I want to. going to push my insurance up WAY to much...:tut:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts