Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When will they update it?

Giulietta QV TCT is listed as going from 0-100 in 6.6 seconds when this is supposed to be 6 seconds.
Some pictures are of the first series cars.
Tbi output is stated as being 173kW when it is now 177kW.

And that is just on the Giulietta page.

The 4C page also states 173kW!

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
If it is anything like the UK website, Alfa are always useless at updating anything that is the US (.com) website or the Italian (.it) site.

Just part of the overall package of 'care' about customers they give in other countries I guess. :lol:

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is anything like the UK website, Alfa are always useless at updating anything that is the US (.com) website or the Italian (.it) site.

Just part of the overall package of 'care' about customers they give in other countries I guess. :lol:
Oh no. Universally useless. Now coming to you in all countries and in all languages! :irked:

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
It is, as I have said before on other threads on this forum, one of the worst websites for any car marque in South Africa.

Yes, it is flashy and shiny, but try to find any actual useful information on the site and you see that a lot is missing, while a lot of other stuff is simply incorrect.

It would take one competent techie one day, at most two, to fix all of the errors. Making the site "complete" with useful information about the cars would take longer and require input from people who know about the cars. Which might be the problem - the people at HQ don't really know about the cars? Or they don't care?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Go have a look at the Chrysler and Jeep SA websites - similar layout to Alfa website.

Jeep brings the money - and that's what counts - so they will probably put more effort into those sites.

Alfa is like the red headed step child in the group that don't sell - so less effort will go into its site.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Jeep brings the money - and that's what counts.

Alfa is like the red headed step child in the group that don't sell.

And why doesn't it sell?
Part of the problem is that when people consider buying an Alfa, they go to a dealership where the salesperson knows bugger-all about the Alfas on display and actively tries to persuade them to rather buy a Jeep or a Fiat.
Or those who get dissuaded before they even go to the dealership, because they check the website and see wrong information and go: "Oh, the GQV looks like it's pretty slow, I'd better buy a Golf instead."

Chicken and egg situation.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
True - I just visited the Fiat website - best site out of all the manufacturers in the group I reckon.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
And why doesn't it sell?
Part of the problem is that when people consider buying an Alfa, they go to a dealership where the salesperson knows bugger-all about the Alfas on display and actively tries to persuade them to rather buy a Jeep or a Fiat.
The worldwide trend is moving towards SUV's. Unfortunately the conventional car as we knew it (4 door saloon) is currently a thing of the past.

So naturally - the salesperson will much more easily sell a Jeep, Chrysler or even a little Fiat SUV type of vehicle as this is what the world is looking for these days.

Why I don't know - I'm not a SUV fan at all. I saw the new Toyota Fortuner actually has a "Sport Mode" - really ?

http://www.executivestyle.com.au/are-limousines-on-last-legs-2a5hb

http://auto.economictimes.indiatime...faster-than-passenger-vehicle-market/48735996

1 - 9 of 9 Posts