Alfa Romeo Forum banner

281 - 300 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
The files in the 1st post are Microsoft excel spreadsheets. Do you need MS excel to open them, there are other free programs on the net that will read them. Try Open Office or Office Libre. Or for iPads, iPhones or android devices there are office reader programs - search for Office in App Store google play

Simples! ;-)

have excel

still can't read the files they seem to have some odd ball php format ??????

so I can safely assume that my 3.2 spider is fairly rare then without accessing the spreadsheet

went on the how many left website, 29 taxed and about 6 sorned = a few have gone missing from the original 39

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
have excel

still can't read the files they seem to have some odd ball php format ??????

so I can safely assume that my 3.2 spider is fairly rare then without accessing the spreadsheet

went on the how many left website, 29 taxed and about 6 sorned = a few have gone missing from the original 39
They could be with dealers as we don't have to sorn untaxed vehicles.

Clive

·
Registered
400 Posts
have finally managed to open file

my car is 1 of 4 sold in uk that year and one of 3 still remaining

and over all years one of 12 sold and 11 remaining

nice

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
have finally managed to open file

my car is 1 of 4 sold in uk that year and one of 3 still remaining

and over all years one of 12 sold and 11 remaining

nice
The files in post 1 haven't been updated since 2009 & the 'On Roads' list probably didn't include sorned or dealers' stock.

I'm presuming you're quoting figures for blue 3.2 Spiders?

Unfortunately the info/data on the 'How Many Left' website doesn't give colours or include any untaxed cars with dealers, so there's no way of accurately knowing exactly how many are left.

Clive

·
Registered
680 Posts
Apologies for resurrecting a zombie thread, but I have a related question:

I've just bought a 3.2ltr V6 Q4 939 Spider, registered in 2009. According to How Many Left website only two were sold that year, with only one sold in 2010. That should make mine one of the last three built out of only 151.

Does anyone on here have a 2009 Q4 Spider? If there is more than one of you the website is wrong (or somebody has an import...)

Just wondering :cool:

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Apologies for resurrecting a zombie thread, but I have a related question:

I've just bought a 3.2ltr V6 Q4 939 Spider, registered in 2009. According to How Many Left website only two were sold that year, with only one sold in 2010. That should make mine one of the last three built out of only 151.

Does anyone on here have a 2009 Q4 Spider? If there is more than one of you the website is wrong (or somebody has an import...)

Just wondering :cool:

You're asking in the wrong lounge, this one's for 916s........sorry.

Clive

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,380 Posts
Cos he's not here any more

Hows about you read the thread title, notice that it and the first post do actually include the 946 Spider and let someone ask a perfectly legitimate question in a dedicated thread for his perfectly legitimate question and allow him to await an answer before chasing him out of what you like to think is 'your' lounge ;)

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
You're asking in the wrong lounge, this one's for 916s........sorry.

Clive
Cos he's not here any more

Hows about you read the thread title, notice that it and the first post do actually include the 946 Spider and let someone ask a perfectly legitimate question in a dedicated thread for his perfectly legitimate question and allow him to await an answer before chasing him out of what you like to think is 'your' lounge ;)
Why don't you stop trying to pick a 'fight' with me at every opprotunity & try to help the poster by directing him to the 946 lounge instead of here which is for 916s?

Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider - Alfa Romeo Forum

Clive

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,380 Posts
Cos the thread and post includes 946, therefore he's perfectly entitled to ask here. No fight picking, just pointing out the error of your ways my dear chap :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
916 Spiders Registrations/on the Road

I know that this is an old thread but I am pretty new to this forum and was interested to see the spreadsheets on the number of 916 spiders on the road in the UK. If I am reading the second spreadsheet correctly it seems to show that there are, at the time of compilation, no Red (or any other colour) 3 litre V6 Spiders left on UK roads. So here is my dilemma; I own, and have owned for 17 years, a red 3 litre V6 originally imported from Germany in November 1997, registered in the UK at the same time and converted to RHD on import under Alfa Warranty. So I guess my question/query is; how accurate is the data and if it is am I to believe that I have the only one left on British roads !!?? :confused::confused:

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I know that this is an old thread but I am pretty new to this forum and was interested to see the spreadsheets on the number of 916 spiders on the road in the UK. If I am reading the second spreadsheet correctly it seems to show that there are, at the time of compilation, no Red (or any other colour) 3 litre V6 Spiders left on UK roads. So here is my dilemma; I own, and have owned for 17 years, a red 3 litre V6 originally imported from Germany in November 1997, registered in the UK at the same time and converted to RHD on import under Alfa Warranty. So I guess my question/query is; how accurate is the data and if it is am I to believe that I have the only one left on British roads !!?? :confused::confused:
You're reading it incorrectly, there were 29 red V6 3.0 24v Spiders but yours is probably a Ph 1 12v so not included?

As with many things involving DVLA they're not always accurate.

Clive

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, I don't know if you are still collating data for Gtv's being broken or scrapped, but if so I can tell you that S291CEB is no more. It was a Vela Blue T spark Lusso ph 2 with tan leather and a dealer fit Hollandia elec sunroof. It had been 'lightened' (pulled roughly to pieces) for a track day, and gearbox had blown up. Great shame. In the course of my work I have also broken up a LHD '96 rosso t spark spider (fire damaged May '04), a silver GTV T spark '97 R plate (snapped belt Oct '09), a green '96 spider ts P95EGM (Crash damaged April '04), an Atoll blue '96 P plate spider ts lusso (stolen recovered Feb '04) , a 97 R plate rosso Gtv ts (snapped belt Dec '07), and a yr 2000 rosso Gtv ts V838FHS (snapped belt Mar '08). I also repaired several 916's for customers, most often after belt failures. Certainly an Achilles heel it would seem, although we can all read a service interval..
I have owned YH54NXW since 2007. It's a met. black JTS lusso with red leather, which according to your spreadsheet seems fairly rare. Still a beautiful shape.

·
Registered
175 Posts
After booking my car (gtv v6) in for some work the dealers told me it was imported from germany. It surprised me a bit, was this normal for alfas back then or something? I have a german handbook and service book but the intsrument cluster on my car is in metric MPH.

281 - 300 of 313 Posts