Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2.0l ts gtv is off to the scrap yard in a few weeks. It has been the most amazing car ( and sometimes the worst car) I have ever owned. The car still drives and is road legal so I will be taking it out for a few last runs over the coming weeks. If anyone is interested in having the private plate m55 gtv all I would be looking for is the cost of transferring it off of the car. If any one needs any other parts let me know and I will see what I can do.

It's going to be a sad day when I leave her for the last time, but I can say that I owned an Alfa and will definatly own one again!

M

·
0 Posts
Yeah and put the plate on retention.

Even if someone gives you the scrap money for the car, you don't lose out.

·
Registered
13,041 Posts
My 2.0l ts gtv is off to the scrap yard in a few weeks. It has been the most amazing car ( and sometimes the worst car) I have ever owned. The car still drives and is road legal so I will be taking it out for a few last runs over the coming weeks. If anyone is interested in having the private plate m55 gtv all I would be looking for is the cost of transferring it off of the car. If any one needs any other parts let me know and I will see what I can do.

It's going to be a sad day when I leave her for the last time, but I can say that I owned an Alfa and will definatly own one again!

You have a PM, I'm interested in the lot!

And I think everyone else would also be interested in why you are scrapping it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be honest she needs a lot of TLC and I put the post on here hoping some one would rescue her. The engine still pulls like a freight train to be honest. There is a slight weep from somewhere but I cannot find where. There is a bit of noise when its cold which sounds like a belt or a pump but seems to go once its all warmed up. The main reason I was going to scrap it was due to the wiring to the heater resistor pack having melted at the plug. The wiring is now disconnected, and bodged so that the fan works on full speed only when the AC (which doesnt work) is turned on. Other bad parts about the car are:-

Sunroof doesnt shut and leaks when it is shut,
Drivers seat bolster is holed pretty badly,
drivers wing mirror has been smashed in the past and a replacement piece of glass just stuck over it so the motor doesnt work properly as its jammed,
the interior needs a tidy up, steering wheel could do with being replaced as its worn,
drivers door lock has issues,
outside is pretty good for the age (98) few marks dents and badges are worn,
Front bumper has been damaged and badly repaired (not by me) and needs hanging properly again as its not fully in line.

Good bits,
had a new radiator a few years ago so thats in good codition, also had a new thermostat.
New slave, master and clutch a few years ago.
Stainless steel exhaust (inc sports cat) from the bottom of the manifold back.
new discs and pads all round, with braided hoses 18 months ago.
its taxed and tested till may,

I would love to see it go with someone for restoration as they are fantastic cars.

Any other questions welcome.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
That sounds like a pretty easy project for someone to be honest. All small simple jobs with a few moderately priced parts ( bumper, seat, mirror ). Shame to break for that.

M

·
0 Posts
If I was closer I would taken off you too.

Good luck and I'm sure someone will take it off your hands :)

P

·
0 Posts
I say give it starkers, his gtv blew up last week and he is in need of a helping hand :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gutted touch wood I have never had a massive problem with mine. The engine is solid and has lots of power (I just double checked) if the car goes to a worthy cause I would be a lot happier than it just getting crushed

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
The leaky sunroof may just be a blocked drain. If so, the simple solution is find the drain outlet under the car, open the sunroof and protect the interior and put an airline on the drain! Oh, and wear a hat :lol:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hi Sig,

Almost anyone with a toolbox and a bit of space would take it off your hands. It would be worth several hundred pounds broken for parts. Rather than let someone turn it into a money making exercise, why not give it to someone on here? As the others have said, Starkers is a friendly and frequent contributor on here; he needs an engine and deserves a break. Alternatively, hasn't PaulR got HG issues with his GTV?

·
Registered
13,041 Posts
Hi Sig,

Almost anyone with a toolbox and a bit of space would take it off your hands. It would be worth several hundred pounds broken for parts. Rather than let someone turn it into a money making exercise, why not give it to someone on here? As the others have said, Starkers is a friendly and frequent contributor on here; he needs an engine and deserves a break. Alternatively, hasn't PaulR got HG issues with his GTV?
This is on the cards, we have exchanged PMs, I'll be giving him a call soon.

And a big thanks and :thumbs: to everyone who has said it should come my way, I'm touched.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sounds like it couldnt go to a better home :thumbs: awesome news.

Should be getting mine sorted Monday now fingers crossed :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Ditto, I hope Starkers gets it :) mind you, then he'll have two to save...

-Alex

1 - 20 of 26 Posts