Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't wait till 5pm friday night..finishing work and driving to dumfries,staying overnight at travel inn,then travelling to glenapp castle in ayrshire on sat morning..could be our wedding location....this will be first decent run for the beast..had her now since oct 20th and only just done 2000 miles in her..i'll prob take some good pics so i'll try and post them on sunday/monday :D :cool:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Know this cos I live there - enjoy yersel' bud.

Scotland - A wonder of the natural world that just happens to be populated by the Scots :D

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Yes, tell us about the drive, and take lots of photos :) (and I hope its not like the Top Gear drive across America :lol:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
A wee word of warning - Watch your speed in D&G, as the traffic cops are relatively numerous and keen to pounce. The A75 is one of their favourite hunting grounds.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeh..thanks for that info..i have heard the biz are very keen up there..i have no intention of going above 60mph honest guv:D

·
Registered
160 Posts
A wonderful area of the country and one where my Brera spent most of Christmas, will be back there over Easter.

The A75, with all the lorry traffic to Stranraer and the lurking "safety" camera vans, can be a bit frustrating, so try and seek out the scenic A-roads leading off it, such as the tremendous "Queens Highway" between Newton Stewart and New Galloway (best road in the UK IMO, short of the Highlands), as well as the roads around Loch Ken and the A712 up to Ayr. All great stuff.

Would be interested to hear what you think of Glenapp Castle, the missus has it on her wedding location shortlist as well...

Cheers

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi all ..just landed back home..what a superb 24 hours...weather glorious up there,hardly a police car in sight and lots of admiring looks..i'l post some pics prob tomorrow for you all to look at..they are mainly of the castle though!!..which,lord k, is absolutley stunning,beautiful,awesome and we are booking it for next march..sod the cost!!..i'm only getting married once so its got to be done in style..bella looked good sitting outside though i must admit!!..if you send me your email address i'll send you a few pics of the grounds,etc :cool:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Look forward to seeing the photos Alfaman155 :)

·
Administrator
23,070 Posts
castle though!!..which,lord k, is absolutley stunning,beautiful,awesome and we are booking it for next march..sod the cost!!..i'm only getting married once so its got to be done in style..bella looked good sitting outside though i must admit!!:

Congratulations - great that you have found the right place to marry.

Paul.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts