Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled over yesterday evening to eat some fish and chips (yes, take-away only these days). Was driving around, looking for a place to park when we discovered a mostly unpaved road that stopped at the edge of a grassy hill, overlooking a beautiful valley. The random places you stumble upon without meaning to, absolutely marvellous!

Was in my 159 Ti, so clearance is an issue but in this case the road wasn't too bad.

But it certainly made me wonder – what's the most you've gone off-road in a 159, GT or Giulia?

And yes, I know they are not off-road cars for sure. It's not something I plan on doing regularly.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,760 Posts
Love that pic, mate.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Have driven a 156 down the broken-up track from the top of Mosser Fell to Loweswater lakeside in the Lake District. Only once, as there one or two scrapings underneath, enough to deter me from a repeat performance.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Got to say my cars do end up in places where they shouldn't. Some of the tracks I use to get to fishing spots and remote sites for work are no more than a rutted field track. Apart from once ripping off an undertray from a Civic Type S I do try to be careful.The picture below was taken in Scotland and is nowhere near the worse place I have driven to.

Years ago had a shouting match with a farmer as he berated me for not using the official track over his land to the River Severn. I couldn't use the track as the ridge in the middle just dragged on the exhaust of the 33 Ti I had at the time.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts