Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why did Alfa not include a low washer fluid sensor on the GT???!!

Coming from a car that had one it's so annoying pulliing the stalk to wash the windscreen and nothing comes out :rant:

Its bad enough that with the headlight washers I have to fill up the screenwash every few weeks already :confused:

Of course someone will now tell me that there should be a warning, and I'll need to take my car in again!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Oh no! it's not as simple as that is it??? I've been considering fitting a switch to isolate the headlamp washers. Hate them sooo much!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Actually perhaps on second thoughts I should eliminate the windscreen washers, the headlamp washers do the job of both!!!
but then there's the MOT.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think there's a warning - certainly isn't on the 156.

Personally I pulled the fuse on the headlight washers, without a wiper they are not much use anyway and just waste the water and put streaks over the car. Luckily they have their own fuse...
I dont mind the headlight washers..they do seem to work, the headlights seem to be the cleanest part of the car!

Things will be better once the summer comes along and I dont have to use the headlights so much :lol:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got a fright the first time I washed the windscreen at night - the headlamp washer spray kills a lot of light and need less to say I did it on a country road approaching a corner:eek:

I'm still more irritated by the lack of a rear wiper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts