Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Giulietta 2.0 170 Veloce, 2013
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thought that might be the case however I was thinking I might get it with a torx ring spanner (which I don't have)

·
Registered
204 Posts
With the exhaust out of the way access is alot easier for the ARB bushes.

Are the nuts on the bottom captive? If not impact gun may do the trick.

I ordered a front and rear set so once they arrive I'll be having a go too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Nuts are captive and part of the bracket, these are unfortunately on the bottom. Looks like subframe may need to be dropped as even if I can get a torx spanner on the top, there may not be enough height to wind bolts out unless they are cut almost flush with nut first. They seem very long with about an inch of thread through the nut. I'll get the spanner and try.

Going to start front end today ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I wish! D brackets are in one piece, spot welded so will need opening with a chisel or drill to get bushes out and new ones in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So I started front end today and only managed one side. PITA getting lower arm free from hub. TRE came away from taper and hex socket died so had to take the grinder to it. Better luck tomorrow!

Looks like my components were original. All a bit slack but not dead.

Cheers

·
Registered
204 Posts
Might be a bit late to the party but I found having the hub jacked up to "on the ground" position really did help when getting things apart. And lots of plus gas.

But I'm a little spoilt with quick jacks now so most jobs are a doddle

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks. I did jack it but have only split tapered joints previously. Manhandled the arm through 180 degrees and beat it repeatedly with a hammer to bet it off. It all started so well, no seized nuts or bolts etc. See what tomorrow brings!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts