Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New to the forum, but an Alfa owner since 97 (146ti, Spider 3.0, 156 2.0JTS sw - still have the spider and 156).

I know there have been a couple of older threads about this already, but just as a heads up that it's still an issue:

Car (156) went in for warranty work on roll bar mountings and handbrake cable. Came back with that done and 'new speedo head' fitted as per a recall (which I never had notification of). Odometer reset to zero. Main dealer very unhelpful: 'er that's what happens and there's nothing we can do about it...' . Alfa UK as brilliantly obtuse as ever: 'what's happened?.... did you push the mileage reset button? No? Well the dealer must have then...oh you mean the actual mileage reading...hmm, well can somebody call you back....it'll be a good few days before they do though...'.

Has anyone managed to get their correct mileage reading restored? I saw a few posters in the earlier threads who seemed to be attempting a remedy but no one confirming that they actually did it.

Cheers

Alf

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I changed my 4 door 156 for a Sportwagon this week. The previous owner had the odometer replaced by a recall. I don't think you can do much about getting the reading changed. However, the dealer did provide me with a copy of the invoice for the work done for the previous owner which quoted the mileage at the time it was done so I know what the overall mileage is. Not great but I can live with it.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts