Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
What's the craic with the, I was going to say cheesy, crap music drowning out the engine note?

Good vid tho, even better with the sound off!

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's the craic with the, I was going to say cheesy, crap music drowning out the engine note? Good video though, even better with the sound off!
He puts a soundtrack on the videos because the engine note is drowned out by wind noise anyway.

Who's 'The Captain'?
He's my Westfield owning mate who first got me interested in track days. He was my co-driver when Me, Ghosty Dog, Happy Man, and Ode did the track day at Croft.

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Nice video :D

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
The music is just because he doesn't want us to hear him lifting ;) :)

Ode looked to be driving well.
Road cars generally get stuffed by any kit cars - they are so light that even 140bhp gives them very decent pace, not to mention huge cornering speed and easy braking.
(whisper: and I suppose RWD too)

Cheers,
TB

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
looks a nice track that, and the weather was good. The Ode can drive but that westy seemed very quick and very flat. Nice and leisurely pace, looks fun, are Westy's much different to Caterham's? I find Caterham's a bit too pointy for my liking.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
He he he, nice one Ros :D

Those Westies (and all the other 7 replicas) are hugely fast, but seeing the overtake from the Captains point of view really hammers home how much faster they are. I must try to cadge a ride in one next time out to experience it for real, I'm sure there'll be lots of them at Anglesey!

Stukav, Cadwell is an amazing track, I think I'd go so far as saying it's my favourite so far :D

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
I think they are a bit cheaper than Caterhams, but can be made very fast indeed.

I have a few mates with them (one with a 260bhp one), the power to weight ratio is just insane, but even the 180bhp version will leave M3's for dead.

For some reason I think of them more as karts than actual cars myself. Rightly or wrongly, an Elise is about as minimal as I would like.
I could end up racing Strykers yet though since they are ludicrously cheap to race - which will be my main criteria :lol:

Cheers,
TB

looks a nice track that, and the weather was good. The Ode can drive but that westy seemed very quick and very flat. Nice and leisurely pace, looks fun, are Westy's much different to Caterham's? I find Caterham's a bit too pointy for my liking.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are Westy's much different to Caterham's? I find Caterham's a bit too pointy for my liking.
They're very similar, however, the Caterham's design is closer to the original Lotus 7 than the Westfield's.

One of The Cap's mates just bought a 1550cc Hayabusa powered Westfield which has 250+ BHP and weighs less than 500 KG. :eek:

He he he, nice one Ros :D

Those Westies (and all the other 7 replicas) are hugely fast, but seeing the overtake from the Captains point of view really hammers home how much faster they are. I must try to cadge a ride in one next time out to experience it for real, I'm sure there'll be lots of them at Anglesey!
When are you going to Anglesey Ode? I'm 99% sure The Cap is there on 25th August.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
The 25th :D

D'ya think the captain would let me jump in as his passenger for a session? That'd be beaucoup cool :cool:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The 25th :D

D'ya think the captain would let me jump in as his passenger for a session? That'd be beaucoup cool :cool:
I don't see why not. I'll see if I can arrange something for you.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Nice one, let me know how Anglesey is, once I have cars sorted out i.e. one thats reliable or one thats new i'll be up for some more track day meets.

:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts