Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings again all.

The last two days i have noticed a very small weird water leak on my alfa.

under the bumper drivers side on the same side of the engine as the coolant bottle towards the back of the engine but definately that side.

Water level doesnt appear to have dropped, but it is only a couple of drops. had the air con over the weekend for the first time since ive had the car (NOV 08) so wondered if it might be that at first, but only havrn't had it on today and it noticed it again.

Read a couple of posts that may suggest piston rings, particulaly as my car is an oil burner (1L to every 1000KM) other than that no other symptoms.

I check both oil and water levels every week and still havent ever had to top up my water level, car never over heats either.

Am i being an old woman or do i need to get this looked at due to age. 2001 69,000 miles?

Thanks

Sean

·
Vendor
45,307 Posts
I would keep an extra watchful eye on your fluid levels. You could always try the taste test on the puddle it leaves, if it is very sweet but horrible tasting it is coolant.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i thought that but couldnt get my hand under there quick enough and then theres not enough on the floor, gonna fill it up properly tomorrow and mark where the level is so i can get an idea. if it is coolant, whats your money on a bad hose. had the water pump done about 4 months ago.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I reckon it could just be the air con condenser, they all drip a bit in this heat when you work them.
Keep your eye on the levels, but my money is on that there is no problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts