Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently bought a 2006 GT JTDm and have noticed a wierd thing. When driving like an "oldy", my tank range stated approx 220miles. However, when i got bored of that and let rip with the heavy right foot, it steadily increased upto 322miles!

Now my understanding of fuel economy is basically slow=economic, boy racer=not very.
Are Alfa's ar*e-about-t*t in this department?

Any explanations? Or just accept and drive like jenson button everywhere:lol:

Yours confused.
Richard

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Its prob to do with the fuel sloshing round in the tank making the sensor read fuller than it is

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Well in my 156 V6, driving like a granny gives me 23-24 mpg, and driving like a loon gives me 22-23 mpg over a tank. 23 mpg it is then! :lol:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It could be that special derv which remanufactures itself when depleted? No? Ah well, driving like a hoon will continue until further notice.

Thanks for the replies anyway.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a new cloverleaf GT jtdm and my mate has a 54 plate Gt jtdm. I drive carefully but not too slow most of the time and get approx 42 < 46 mpg (mostly town driving at present) although on a longish countryside drive it rose to 56.
My mate absolutly canes his everywhere and gets 40.to 43 mpg. I have noticed that driving gentle or medium to hard does not make a great deal of difference to the fuel consumption..

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've recently bought a 2006 GT JTDm and have noticed a wierd thing. When driving like an "oldy", my tank range stated approx 220miles. However, when i got bored of that and let rip with the heavy right foot, it steadily increased upto 322miles!

Now my understanding of fuel economy is basically slow=economic, boy racer=not very.
Are Alfa's ar*e-about-t*t in this department?

Any explanations? Or just accept and drive like jenson button everywhere:lol:

Yours confused.
Richard
Range stated - Miles remaining? A very variable thing, the scenario you describe could easily occur if the engine was cold, or stopping\starting in traffic, because mpg is v. poor in these circumstances and the Computer seems to calculate the remaining miles based on current mpg. As the engine warms up, and\or you get into higher gears, the range stated normally increases regardless of how you're driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts