Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of times in the past few days, I've had to leave home in rather a hurry, and have had my car really struggle in first gear - kangarooing, and massively losing power with what seemed like a misfire.
As soon as you're out of first, it's fine. After about 30 seconds, it's fine.

Just me being too violent on start up? Or a possible problem?

And this might be my imagination, but I'm not sure whether it might be sounding a little more rorty than usual. Could a pre-cat exhaust leak cause something like this?

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
You know what, after reading your recent problem I have had a similar experience a few times...now I know one of my cats are on there way out so I am putting it down to that...might be a similar problem for you but not as bad? :)

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Intake hose split and deteriorating at flex section.. Taping up will temporarily solve your problem.

Autolusso silicon hoses recommended.

Had the same problem.

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Intake hose split and deteriorating at flex section.. Taping up will temporarily solve your problem.

Autolusso silicon hoses recommended.

Had the same problem.
How much are they fella?

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,045 Posts

·
Banned
3,532 Posts

·
Administrator
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This would be the intake hose which has to be moved in order to replace the battery - which I did recently?

I wonder how that might have got damaged then. :eek:

·
Administrator
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Administrator
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And what's the advantage of the silicon hose?

·
Administrator
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aha. Not split - merely slipped. I've re-positioned and tightened up, hopefully that's problem solved.

·
Administrator
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Slipped off because of my previously cack handed attachment of it. ;)

·
Administrator
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Slipped off again last week. I think it might be because the new battery is nimutely higher, and is pushing against the elbow of it.

I have re-attached, and tried to do a better job of it this time, we will see...

When it's slipped though, and you give the car full throttle ... it sounds freaking awesome. That induction roar almost makes me want to go back to being a boy racer and make it noisy.

·
Administrator
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know. :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts