Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a rather odd experience yesterday when I went to the supermarket.

I parked up as normal and went in. All through the shop I was being sort of followed by a security guard (I must look like a criminal at times) and all seemed a little 'off'.

Anyway, completed my shopping and the security guard continued to follow me outside the shop towards my car.

Just as i got to my car, i heard a voice saying "Sorry to bother you sir..."

Of course I thought something had happened and I was in some form of trouble (don't know why but you do think that)

"I was just wanting to have a look at your car. I have one its a 155 and it is parked at the other end of the car park and its the first one I have seen other then mine." I then spent the next 15 minutes or so discussing the car.

It ended with him saying "Mine is better as its a 155 as its quicker!"

Strange

·
Administrator
45,145 Posts
My experience (from when I worked in a supermarket) is that supermarket security guys are a bit on the weird side. Dunno which comes first, the weirdness or the being a security man guarding tins of peas.
The ones I knew didn't have much in the way of people skills.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Not being elitist as a Mito is hardly the dearest car out there but...just how much exactly do security guards earn!?!?!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
And i bet he had a big bunch of keys, a mobile phone and a radio strapped to his belt

they all think they are Dog the bloody bountyhunter :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
And i bet he had a big bunch of keys, a mobile phone and a radio strapped to his belt

they all think they are Dog the bloody bountyhunter :rolleyes:

True. You have to respect these guys for doing a rubbish job for rubbish money, rather than lying around sponging benefits. But I really wish they wouldn't strut around their 'empire' as if they were Wyatt Earp. :lol:

·
0 Posts
Tis a bit weird that Steevie :confused: - He obviously knows about them to quote the '155' though :) - not that that fact makes His better or worse though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
why assume that he doesn't have the car? you think that just because he's a security guard he has no money?

a new car on finance is only bout £200 a month and anyone with a job can afford that, so don't be so snobby

·
0 Posts
^^was thinking the same Mg135 - a certain amount of 'superiority complex' showing through there methinks :rolleyes:

·
Registered
309 Posts
My experience (from when I worked in a supermarket) is that supermarket security guys are a bit on the weird side. Dunno which comes first, the weirdness or the being a security man guarding tins of peas.
The ones I knew didn't have much in the way of people skills.
LOL :lol::lol:

why assume that he doesn't have the car? you think that just because he's a security guard he has no money?

a new car on finance is only bout £200 a month and anyone with a job can afford that, so don't be so snobby
I agree. its reli not much to buy a new car on finance, so it doesnt matter wt occupation that guy is he still cud hve the amount of money to buy a new alfa :)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts